Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We didn't start the fire! Oh wait...we did.

Before


After

"I believe the heat block was turned on (instead of the spin function) and in the process of setting up, transfer buffer spilled over. Due to the methanol in the buffer, it's flammable, poof, fire. There was some damage to the cold room, where the overnight transfers are done. This was a few years ago before I joined the lab, but serves as a constant reminder to NEVER turn the heat block on, only the spinning function. Because when your PI is awakened in the middle of the night because there was a fire, they are never happy in the morning."

3 comments:

  1. Impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. euh, the only thing I can think of is why there's a Before picture?! looks so planned.. :)

    actually the 2nd thing I thought of was-but what about the blot... sad..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is that the after picture was so awesome, that the culprit felt compelled to stage a before picture to go along side it...

    ReplyDelete